We have developed a digital resource that addresses some challenges around communication within education, health and social care. It encourages partnership working between family carers, paid carers and professionals.
PAMIS’ Digital Passports are a flick-through e-book that can be created and displayed on tablet devices. Each one holds information about one individual, covering:
- social, emotional and physical care
- medical care procedures
- assessment tools
- videos, pictures and sounds.
Practical uses of the Digital Passport include:
- establishing a communication pathway – for example, between school and home
- empowering families with a tool they can use for training carers
- supporting people to understand the needs of the individual – for example, facilitating care assessments.
Our digital initiative was part of the reason why we won a
2016 GSK Impact Award.
Watch this video to see an example of how the Digital Passports work.
PAMIS have a dedicated team to create and develop Digital Passports. We are also offering training and development for education, health and social care organisations.