PAMIS (Promoting A More Inclusive Society) have launched their new remote learning 24 Hour Postural Care course which is ideal for anyone working with an individual who is at risk of body shape problems.
It is generally agreed that children with neurological impairment such as Cerebral Palsy and those with multiple disabilities move in less symmetrical movement patterns. They are at risk of developing postural problems, such as hip dislocation, scoliosis and pain. Additionally, they may develop difficulties with digestion and eating and drinking, if not managed correctly. By understanding why certain postures cause body shape to alter, we can intervene and help to delay or prevent deterioration. Implementing postural care can maintain or improve body shape and physical ability. This can be achieved by having carers skilled and supported in using good positioning techniques and appropriate equipment. The earlier the intervention, the better — but it is never too late to start protecting and restoring someone’s body shape.
PAMIS offer an interactive in-depth course learning about 24 hour postural care, this includes:
- Pre-recorded training sessions to be accessed over a 5 week period
- Independent learning workbook (fully supported)
- 5 online interactive discussion sessions with family stories hosted and provided by both Experienced Practitioner and Family Carer (total of 9 hours virtual classroom time)
- Participants will be guided through the course and the workbook, ensuring they are confident in their learning journey
- CPD Certification will be awarded on successful completion of the workbook
By completing this course, the participants will gain a good understanding of the principles of 24 hour postural care in practice by listening to and discussing the lived experience of family carers alongside support and the sharing of professional knowledge from an experienced Practitioner.
This course is £120 per person. The next course is running from the 23rd of October until the 20th of November.
To book please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pamis-24-hour-postural-care-october-2023-tickets-695247924257?aff=oddtdtcreator or contact Fiona Harper directly on [email protected]. We can arrange payment by invoice if preferred. We also offer inhouse training for organisations.