Are you a highly motivated, resilient and energetic person with a passion for helping others?
Do you have a proven track-record of administration and the ability to work on your initiative to achieve demanding work-loads?
PAMIS are seeking an enthusiastic administrative assistant, with excellent IT skills and a high standard of written communication, to join our dedicated team. PAMIS – Promoting A More Inclusive Society- is the only organisation that works solely for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (pmld) and their family carers to ensure they have access to healthy, valued and included lives. We are a registered charity with 27 years’ experience of delivering support and services to people with PMLD, and their families and carers in Scotland but recognised internationally for our development of practice and research. There are currently five offices across Scotland with the head office, where this post will be based, within Dundee. Our core work includes family support, inclusive leisure and cultural projects; learning and development programmes for those supporting people with PMLD; advice, information, support, research, development of practice and active campaigning to ensure communities are able to include people with PMLD and their families.
You will be joining a passionate, highly specialised and skilled team of staff and volunteers. This is an exciting time to be joining our organisation and your contributions will be crucial in ensuring the quality of our services but also the growth of our income which will safeguard our sustainability.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised and has experience of working in a busy office environment. You will require to have excellent communication skills with the ability to provide effective customer support and guidance by telephone and email. You need to have well developed IT skills, and be able to use and develop databases, Excel and other platforms where required. You will be required to ensure general data protection regulations are adhered to.
Your primary responsibility will be providing administrative support for all our services.
The main duties include:
- providing administration support to PAMIS colleagues
- maintaining the family database
- processing PAMIS Breaks bookings and supporting the smooth operation of our holiday accommodation
- processing PAMIS Learning and Development bookings and supporting the Business team with the organisation of events
- supporting fundraising events and event planning
- processing PAMILOO bookings
- providing administrative support to projects
- some social media posting and basic marketing tasks
- taking and distributing meeting minutes
- handling correspondence
Our desired candidate should possess:
- Experience of working in an administrative role, within an office environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular excel and word
- Experience of using a large database and an understanding of importing/exporting data
- Excellent attention to detail and time management, as well as the ability to prioritise own workload
- The ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines whilst carrying out a wide variety of tasks and processes
Your role will be fundamental to ensuring the smooth running of the Dundee Head office and our services to families, professionals and customers. You will need to be genuinely resourceful and resilient an excellent people person.
This post is for one year in the first instance with a view to extending the contract depending on future funding (subject to 3 month trial period) and part time. Hours are 25 per week (9.30am to 2.30pm- some flexible/weekend work may be required on occasion with time back in lieu)
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday the 17th of May
Interviews will be held on Friday the 31st of May.
Salary – £16,760 to £20,750 -pro rata – dependent on experience.
For further information about our organisation please visit our website www.pamis.org.uk or our facebook page www.facebook.com/pamisscotland
To apply please send your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and rationale for why you are the right candidate for this role. Please send to: Fiona Harper, Business and Development Director, Springfield House, 15/16 Springfield, Dundee, DD1 4JE or send an email to email@example.com.
If you don’t hear anything within 4 weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details will be kept on file for 6 months.